Lost dispute on old late payments and they were added to my account as new. Score dropped. Normal?
I disputed a 60 day Sallie Mae late payment from roughly 4 years ago. I honestly didn't remember being late and don't trust many of their reporting methods from experience. As of today, TransUnion emailed me that the dispute was resolved, and apparently I lost because nothing was removed. This corresponded with a new 60 day delinquency added to my report, and a 16 point drop in my credit score. I called Sallie Mae and nothing is currently delinquent. Is this normal? I'm not understanding why this is being reported as new, or why it decreased my credit? Is it possible that initiating a dispute caused them to find MORE delinquencies that were added that previously didn't exist? Frustrating...just when you think you're getting ahead...