Looking to build credit at 23. Need advice on Authorized User issue.
I need advice.

I am 23, have no student loans, make 28k a year, no car payments, no debt, no derogatory marks, and am trying to build my credit up to be in a position where I can buy a house and qualify for a good loan. I am an advantageous "saver” and sock away a good chunk of my paycheck every month.

When I was in high school, I was an authorized user on maybe 4-6 of my mothers credit cards. She has very high limits (10-30k on each card) and a lot of them are maxed out. When I started reading into how to build my credit, I learned how important credit utilization is, and had her remove me on all but one (we call it the emergency card and I use it maybe once a year, however she is carrying a 8k balance on it). My credit score while I was on all of these cards of hers was around 700. It is now at 622. Im assuming this is because the “age of my accounts” lowered when I was removed off of hers? However, she has NEVER had a late payment on any of her cards.

I have two cards of my own:

1 Wells Fargo student card (unsecured) with a limit of 1.5k, carrying a $400 balance right now. Opened almost one year ago, thinking about asking for a credit limit increase if I can get one without a hard inquiry.

1 Best Buy card, with a limit of 2k, carrying a $450 balance right now. Opened for about 7 months.

I have NEVER had a late payment on either of these cards.

I have a few questions. Should I get off the one card of my mothers I am still an authorized user on? What would be your plan to build up credit in the most streamlined way as possible if you were in my situation? Any next steps I should take?

You are correct that your age of accounts took a hit when you were removed from her cards.  The utilization on your mother's card is hurting you.   Her 8000 on a possible 10,000 limit is 80%, even adding your's, it places you well near 60%. 30% which is considered high.  You mentioned you are an advantagueous "saver” with good savings.    Go to the bank where you have this money deposited.   Ask them to put it into CD as collateral for a secured bank card.   Then,keeping with your pattern, don't use it.    Continue to make your timely payments and keep your utilization low.   Many firms look at payments and utilization as a primary key factor in determining credit.  Then, oynly time will help boost your scores.  You could see a definate increase just by removing the presumed debt of 8,0000