Question

mm8728

I am looking like so many other to improve my credit.
I am a 26 year old Mom of one and I am looking to improve my credit by quite a lot so that I can look into buying a home. I know almost nothing about Credit what it is or how it works things of that nature which I will admit is sad considering my age. I have about 30,000 in student loans and I am not even going to school anymore because I don't think I could afford to do so.

To give a better understanding when I was younger my mother handled all my student loans and what not. This to me was a mistake because she ended up taking out more loans then I might have needed and because I didn't understand it and thought it too complicated...I didn't question her on what types of student loans were actually being taken out.

She also in an effort to help me in a time of need, over drafted my bank account so bad that I had it closed on me. I do not know where it went officially but I assume that it went
to collections. 1,000 right there, then sometime later another account was over drafted by 1,000 and I have to find another bank because of this.

A year or two after that I had a few credit cards go into collections as well as a cell phone bill.

I am working now to find a way to improve myself and my way of living and to get myself educated and understanding credit and the way it impacts me. I suppose any and all advice would be a big help because honestly I feel like so many on here feel helpless like there is no way out.

My mom has since attempted to help me to improve my credit, she paid off an auto loan for me and got me a secured credit card, these things I am hoping will get me on the path to recovery.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Mariah,