Question

GeorgiaBulldog82

I am confused as to why my credit score dropped dramatically
HI,
I lost my job about 4 years ago and so that caused me to loose my car and default on a lot of bills. I have been paying my collections recently. I got all but one paid. I got a Credit Karma alert today letting me know that my payment history has improved on a account. Good right? Look it up and its the Capital One card I defaulted on and paid through collections. They changed it so my late payments had never happened. Everything else is the same, the account history, all the dates, in other words it has not been updated as recently active. Somehow through this though it managed to drop my score from a 611 to a 584. Why did this happen? I have studied my report up and down. The improved payment history is the only thing that has been changed on my credit report.