Question

GeminiLife

How to increase my 585 score in as short of time as possible?
I have (2) loans from my credit union that are about $22,000 each! I've had them both for over a year one for over 2 years and they both get paid on time. I also have a credit card with the same credit union that has a $6,000 limit, some things came up and lately the card had been maxed out.. As I make my minimum payment of $150 to the card, I believe interest eats that up and by the end of the month, card is maxed out again, and I don't even use it anymore. I've read that I shouldn't have the card over 30% but that's hard to accomplish when my debt to income ratio is so high. I've also been receiving tips to apply for the Capitol One secure card and to make purchases on it and pay the balance off in full by the due date, and it to keep the balance below 30%, but I'm not sure that's something I should try or do I need not to apply for any more credit but work on what I already have. Any advice?