How quickly will it take for my credit to improve?
So I am 19 and have been building my credit since the day i turned 18. I had it at an all time high of 630 but i am now at a depressing sub 500. I have one past due payment and everything else has been on time. I recently paid off a credit card I had with a store but read it is also a good idea to keep accounts open, so shortly after paying off my account I went to make another purchase. I got accepted for the item I chose without any downpayment and very low payments. After a couple days I checked back with Credit Karma and realized it dropped my credit tremendously. My question is should I make the minimum amount due every month to help with my payment history and slowly decrease my balances or should I make it a priority to lower my utilization on my account? I don't plan on taking on anymore debt for a while but definitely want to look into a credit card to make small payments on, but i am hesitant cause I don't want to be denied. Thank you in advance for your help!

P.S. My goal is to be as close to 700 as possible by the end of this year!

Plan on a 2 year battle to get to 700 and thats just with your Vantage Score here.

*  NEVER EVER BE LATE ON A PAYMENT,  No matter what you do never be late.

*  Having a Credit Card does not mean you have to use it.  Take all your Credit cards and tuck them away,  never to be in your wallet. 

*  NEVER Ever Carry a Balance on a Credit card.   If you Don't have the Cash to buy something then you don't need to charge it.  Learn the difference between needs and wants.  If you have CC's with a balance then pay them off as quickly as you can.  

* for your CC's that are paid off,  send them 1.25 a month to Help with your payment history.  You will end up having a Credit and they will send it back to you.  Repeat the process.   ( You DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE PURCHASES TO MAKE PAYMENT's  )

* Never elect for Paperless statements, You want those Paper Statements in your hand.  You want to Read them top to bottom front and back each month when you get them. 

* Credit History and your Credit Score Takes Time,  a Long time,   Years,   give it time you are Young,  you have your whole life ahead.

* Create a Budget for each month,  if you don't have one now,  START!

* Make sure you have an Emergency Fund in place,  if you don't START!