Question

meberich

how often does credit karma update the score?

Most Helpful Response

3 weeks ago I paid down a credit card from being almost maxed out to less that 30%, pain off two medical bills that were in collections and used another credit card to show I can use and pay off card (all as we were told to do); and nothing has changed on my score and my husbands got worse. What is up with the update not being done and a score getting worse! ? 

They update the score every time you inquire (which can be up to one time a day). I have had my score change twice in the last month, due to paying off of my debts; it has gone from 690 to 691 to 695, so I can validate that they really do update the scores.

Keep in mind that your score (grabbed from your TransUnion credit report by Credit Karma) does not change much day-to-day or even month-to-month unless you a) add accounts, b) pay off a significant amount of debt, c) have accounts removed, etc. (I'm sure you know the big ones).

If nothing major has occurred to affect your credit in the last two months (except for you paying on time), I wouldn't expect your score to change.

Good luck!

tippytappin

I paid off my credit cards a month and a half ago and Credit Karma still shows that I still owe that money when I don't. My score has not changed either of course so there is something going on with it.

when does credit karma update the scores? Mine has been the same for two months from credit karma!!!!!!!!!!!

how do you inquire?

I just hit update, i had owed $5496 on my car which was totalled on June 20th, so now I don't have a $241 car payment or a $107 insurance payment, I was told my credit score would fly up to over 700 points due to the difference in debt to income ratio, instead the score plummeted to 524.  I need to get out there & buy a car, how the hell do i do that with a credit score of 524? Instead of it getting better it got significantly worse.  HELP!!