Question

meberich

how often does credit karma update the score?

Most Helpful Response

3 weeks ago I paid down a credit card from being almost maxed out to less that 30%, pain off two medical bills that were in collections and used another credit card to show I can use and pay off card (all as we were told to do); and nothing has changed on my score and my husbands got worse. What is up with the update not being done and a score getting worse! ? 

They update the score every time you inquire (which can be up to one time a day). I have had my score change twice in the last month, due to paying off of my debts; it has gone from 690 to 691 to 695, so I can validate that they really do update the scores.

Keep in mind that your score (grabbed from your TransUnion credit report by Credit Karma) does not change much day-to-day or even month-to-month unless you a) add accounts, b) pay off a significant amount of debt, c) have accounts removed, etc. (I'm sure you know the big ones).

If nothing major has occurred to affect your credit in the last two months (except for you paying on time), I wouldn't expect your score to change.

Good luck!

when does credit karma update the scores? Mine has been the same for two months from credit karma!!!!!!!!!!!

how do you inquire?

I just hit update, i had owed $5496 on my car which was totalled on June 20th, so now I don't have a $241 car payment or a $107 insurance payment, I was told my credit score would fly up to over 700 points due to the difference in debt to income ratio, instead the score plummeted to 524.  I need to get out there & buy a car, how the hell do i do that with a credit score of 524? Instead of it getting better it got significantly worse.  HELP!!

Let me know too if anyone finds out,  I paid off debt, Identity Guard is showing my scores signifently higher, by almost 60 points.  I was told Transunion is 647 by Lexington Law, but CreditKarma shows at 521?  Not sure what the difference is but it should be going up with on time payments and no lates in 6 months. 

Just because you paid it off does not mean the company you paid off has sent in the payment information to the credit bureau. And some companies do not use Transunion. You may want to check with your lender/creditor and see if they use transunion. My credit union I bank with does so this is really the only credit score I care about. I have updated mine a few times and it has changed in days. Sometimes it dont change. My credit score seems to stay still, never did understand it, always been an issue I cant get it to move hardly at all. I have seen my Insurance Score and Vantage score go up a few points. 

nvm, just hit update :)

HOW DO YOU UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT??

I see lots of people have asked this but no one has really answered. I need a step by step on how to update my account here. Someone said " You just hit the update botton". Ok, this I can and will do, if someone tells me how to get to this botton..Thanks...

i make my car payments and  credit card payments on time, always stay below 10% on credit card. nothing has changed on all three credit reports and my score goes down since i am making payments on time. credit karma says i have a score of 600 for the past three months. my true fico score and all three credit bureaus are saying i have a score of 695. whats up with credit karma? why do they suck so bad.