how often does credit karma update the score?

meberich

Most Helpful Response
HOW DO YOU UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT??

I see lots of people have asked this but no one has really answered. I need a step by step on how to update my account here. Someone said " You just hit the update botton". Ok, this I can and will do, if someone tells me how to get to this botton..Thanks...

Response by
timteague

I'm not positive,  but I think the reason it hasn't updated is because of Transunion.  They only update 3or 4 times per year,  and credit karma is linked with their site.  Credit sesame is linked to experian which I believe updates weekly,  and same with equifax which is linked with Fico (weekly).  I am no expert however I have had my score go up  about 150 this year monitoring with those three sites daily.  I dispute everything old.  Then weekly I I sign up to get my scores for free to see if all is well. With whatever site i havent had a free trial with. Scores are up.  Do it all over again. Monitor, dispute, check. I removed old addresses, names jobs, etc.  my credit has never been this good. 1% debt, 731 score with all 3, give or take a few points.   It's been real fun.  No one you hire to clean your credit will care as much about the detail  as you will about your own credit.  Good luck

elijahsarah

yeah, where the hck did the button go?  Mine says next update july 18th and it is Augut 14th and is not updated!

allechor

with the new version they removed the update button. you have to wait til they update it.

bellringa

Just because you paid it off does not mean the company you paid off has sent in the payment information to the credit bureau. And some companies do not use Transunion. You may want to check with your lender/creditor and see if they use transunion. My credit union I bank with does so this is really the only credit score I care about. I have updated mine a few times and it has changed in days. Sometimes it dont change. My credit score seems to stay still, never did understand it, always been an issue I cant get it to move hardly at all. I have seen my Insurance Score and Vantage score go up a few points. 

Response by
binky155

i make my car payments and  credit card payments on time, always stay below 10% on credit card. nothing has changed on all three credit reports and my score goes down since i am making payments on time. credit karma says i have a score of 600 for the past three months. my true fico score and all three credit bureaus are saying i have a score of 695. whats up with credit karma? why do they suck so bad.

Response by
Yarislab

Let me know too if anyone finds out,  I paid off debt, Identity Guard is showing my scores signifently higher, by almost 60 points.  I was told Transunion is 647 by Lexington Law, but CreditKarma shows at 521?  Not sure what the difference is but it should be going up with on time payments and no lates in 6 months. 

Response by
paula1212

3 weeks ago I paid down a credit card from being almost maxed out to less that 30%, pain off two medical bills that were in collections and used another credit card to show I can use and pay off card (all as we were told to do); and nothing has changed on my score and my husbands got worse. What is up with the update not being done and a score getting worse! ? 

Response by
llankford

how do you inquire?

Response by
keewong

I just hit update, i had owed $5496 on my car which was totalled on June 20th, so now I don't have a $241 car payment or a $107 insurance payment, I was told my credit score would fly up to over 700 points due to the difference in debt to income ratio, instead the score plummeted to 524.  I need to get out there & buy a car, how the hell do i do that with a credit score of 524? Instead of it getting better it got significantly worse.  HELP!!

Response by
MarieEAPz

Update Button!

If you go to your credit card details, it shows on the upper right when it was last updated. On the right are two arrows in a circle, click that to update.

Response by
possibilities909

Add the same account again...

Response by
RajaCreditScore

when does credit karma update the scores? Mine has been the same for two months from credit karma!!!!!!!!!!!

Response by
meberich

Submit to the Community