Question

Graphixbaby78

How long does it take to get fraudulent debts removed from my credit report?
I was recently a victim of identity theft, and have file a complaint with the FTC, also a police report, which was approx 73 pages when completed. I submitted identity theft complaint/police report along with dispute request to block fraudulent account on my Experian report. I did the same with Equifax & Transunion. Experian removed fraudulent accounts within days of disputing, TransUnion did the same, but not Equifax. I have been given the run around by Equifax, and the 1 account is damaging my credit significantly. The creditor for the account admitted that they received the ID theft affidavit on Nov 29 from Experian as a result of blocking the account they had reported. She told me yesterday that they would send a letter to Equifax to remove account, but Equifax had 90 days to remove it once they receive the letter. Equifax had been given ID theft report, and they used it to place security freeze on my file, but won't delete fraudulent accounts that were listed in the report? I called them again today, and they told me to fax a copy of the ID theft report AGAIN, because they didn't have it. They used it for my security freeze, also attached to dispute requests, which all came back verified? What do I need to do to get these fraud accounts removed? This is beyond ridiculous and frustrating! 90 more days it could take? But it only takes a creditor 1 min to report late/past due payment. I don't get it. I have gone through hell already to get this mess cleared up, and done everything that Identity theft victim is suggested to do. Am I missing something? Thank you for taking time to read this, I appreciate any helpful advice or information.