Question

dolly02

how do i remove bankrupt from credit report

Most Helpful Response

The Bankruptcy Legal Record

Legal Records on your credit report (also known as Public Records) include tax liens, court judgments, and bankruptcies.  If you file for bankruptcy, that record will remain on your credit report for seven years or longer depending on the type of bankruptcy filed.

Issue

Stays On Report

Description

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

Seven Years from the Filing Date

Under Chapter 13 bankruptcy, a person repays at least a portion of their debts. Chapter 13 bankruptcy will remain in the credit report for seven years from the filing date.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

Ten Years from the Filing Date

Under Chapter 7 bankruptcy, a person does not repay any of the debts included in the filing. Chapter 7 bankruptcy remains on the credit report for 10 years from the filing date.

My Source: http://www.freecreditscore.com/resources/credit-articles/manage-debt/bankruptcies

maureen52

My bankruptcy has been on my report for 10 years and 3 months and was discharged 10 years and 3 months ago, how do i get it removed?

Cheetamom

My bankruptcy was filed in May 2005 but is still showing on my credit report

bankruptcy

how do i remove bankruptcy?frankied

Never really went through with bankruptc

I filled bankruptcy but never went through with it, is there any way to get that removed from my credit score ?

tonychamp

i also never followed thru and wish i did and saved three houses or at least kept one. i took it off one burea by dispute but the others still show it

CREDIT SCRUBBER

Get a credit scrubber, I paid $1500 and within 120 days my score went from 340 to 770

ladorisdesmar

what is that

Enter Your Reply

tonychamp

what is a credit scrubber

Bankruptcy from 2005

How do I go about removing my bankruptcy from my credit reports?

Mr Howard Fox

How do I go about having my bankruptcy removed from my credit report? I filed in 2002, it is now 2014 more than 10 years. Please advise or can you do something about it? Thank you I remain Howard fox. Hoping to hear from you soon.

A Bk stays for 10 years from the filing date.

Remove chapter 13 bankruptcy from credit

How do you remove the bankruptcy from your credit report. It's a chapter 13, and it's been 7 years since filing.

Bankruptcy

How do I get rid of a bankruptcy chapter 7 that I filed back in 2005 off of my credit?

How to remove bankruptcy

it's a long wait but 7 years is what it takes to get it erased.  Don't think you can't get cause some company will give you a chance nosing you can only claim bankruptcy once. When your 7 years ends make sure they do not bring it up when trying to get credit it's illegal to bring it up once you. 7 years is up. You start fresh,