How can I diversify my credit mix to raise my score?
I no longer own a home and my car is paid for and my credit card balances are near zero. I have a long history of using credit, and always pay my bills on time, but my credit score is still only considered GOOD, not excellent.

I want my credit score to be EXCELLENT. They say my main weakness is a lack of diversity in my credit mix. Right now my only use of credit is through Credit Cards (American Express, Visa, Master Card).

I am not going to buy a home in the next few years. I have enough money for a car by paying cash. But maybe I need to borrow the money and make payments on a new car just to raise my credit score. How about getting a car loan paying 3/4 of it off in the first payment and then making payments on the car for a year or so just to get a better mix on my credit report. Would that help my score?

Any other ideas?