Question

mstie

Has anyone waited 7-10 days to be approve for a credit card?

Application pending, got answer!

I spelled my last name wrong on my application (slip of a finger) so capital one emailed me to confirmy identity and requested I send a copy of ID and SS. That was 4/3. I called today (4/23) and they said my application was approved on 4/19 - which means it took 16 days to approve. The credit card gets sent and arrived no later than 5/3 which is ten days. Got $1000 limit with 630 score and no history, so it can happen!

Anything is Possible

I just went through this with Capital One, I applied for their Quick Silver Credit Card and was told that it was pending further review and that I would receive something in the mail within 7-10 business days. I immediately thought I was denied. Capital One contacted me to verify my identity later that day because I already have a credit card with them and said they would submit the application. The next day I decided to call and speak to someone because the recording was still saying it was under review and they would mail something out in 7-10 business days. The rep to my surprise told me I was approved for $1,000. Trans score 602. Did not think this was possible since Barclay had just denied me. 

DEBNFURKIDS

I am very curious if they gave you the card or not.

Thanks!

Deb

dow21

Awsome this just happened to me, I just had to verify my identiy so im hoping for an approval mysel! fingers crossed! I have a secured card with them and a NFCU with a 5k limit im hoping cap gives me a chance! 

B00ZEBAR0N

Hello all -

After coming back from being overseas for 5 years in 2014 - ALL my credit (good and a couple of dings) had fallen off my US credit reports!! I was in shock - couldn't even get a mobile phone! - So pulled all my CR's and all 3 were literally 1/4 page "blank" and said I didn't exist!! it was like being 15 all over again lol -

Now that said - I have worked SUPER HARD to pay everythnig off starting with a $500 secured card and working my way up to 14 cards and lines of credit now (not counting new car and cell contract) - but today I finally broke 720 (731!) as I've been 'stuck' at 669 for like months now... So here on CK it said try Cap Ones QS card as my chances are 'very good' - and every article I read said ppl with 660+ were getting approved plus I already have one card with them - one of their subprimes - So I just applied but got rejected???

I copied the notice and it says:

We can't approve you for this card today...

"We know you're disappointed, and we've explained why we couldn't approve you in a letter you'll receive within 7-10 business days" :(

So I quickly Googled that thinking that's odd - as my UTIL is below 15% and I need higher rates for plane flight booking (I have like 5 $1500/$2000 CL cards) but booking one flight international then maxes that out - so am just waiting as 'time' is my killer I think - But all that aside - I saw the post above - and think it's pretty close to the same message I got today? So what's the deal here? They already know I exist as I have one card with them for 2 years with perfect payment history- Just got an AMEX Blue Cash last month that doesn't show for some reason on CK?? Anyway, I was shocked to see this rejection (I really wanted to go for the travel Venture One card as it suits my needs better and suspect my CL would be higher - but if I'm gonna take the 'hit' I wanted to be pretty sure I'd get it) .. well my jaw is still on the floor :((( What are the odds here? Am I toast? or do you all think they'll pull my existing account and records and have a chance of getting something here? Also for those that seem to do well woth Cap One - what is your typical starting CL for those that have 720+ scores? I need some comforting right about now lol :)

Thanks!

BB

Further processing needed

Had this happen to me last week so i called them they said needed a copy of my drivers license and utility bill faxed a copy of each and was approved 300 limit to start

Approved

Was approved for $1000. Have received the 7-10 day letter before to be approved later. The app one submits meets some criteria but a manual review is required thus the 7-10 day Letter. Remember the app you submit is graded in seconds with criteria by the bank. Even after the 7-10 day notice is given they usually have an answer hours later if during business hours. 

I applied for the Target RedCard, got the 7-10 day response. It made me mad, so I decided to call them and found out I was approved! Scores in the low 620's.

TIFFANIEKIRK1974

I just applied online and they told me I should receive a letter within 7-10 days.  I assumed that I had been denied...but, your post gives me a little hope.  Thanks!

Capital One Spark For Business Applicati

I got the same message applying for a business account. We are a new small business and are trying to create a credit profile. It had to use my personal credit to do it (which according to Credit Karma was 735 / 737 after the application). The FICO score I have is a 665. It is weird they are not nearly close to each other. 

However, I got 'conditionally approved' for the card. Anyone have insight on what that is. I'm figuring a denial is still on the way but hard to say at this point.

Thoughts welcome.

revived 7-10 days response by mail

I applied for the target card ,and I received a email saying I have to wait 7-10 for response, hoping that after two times applying different yrs maybe this time I get an approval 🤞i just have go wait and see...

Tyroddrick

did you get approved?

Thanks for the info guys! But actually i was approved for the capital one credit card. So for anybody out there who has to wait 7-10 days! Sometime it could be a postive sign and it dont always mean that you are not approved for the card. So looks like i will be getting my card in 7-10 days!

Waiting seven to 10 days for a credit card approval does not automatically mean that you are denied.  I applied online for a credit card, got the page stating that my application needed further reviewing (which a lot of people take it to mean a denial, including myself); however, I received a credit card in the mail nearly three weeks after I applied for it.

It is possible that you may be denied; however, there is also the possibility that you may be approved, and they wanted to verify more information. 

andiestwo5

So your saying its a "Coin toss" ?  I have been turned down before and its always the same thing,Wait 7-10 days and you get this nice little note in the mail denighng you! My wife applied and got it approved the same day! 

Letter

I received a letter yesterday a week after applying from Capital One asking me to fax a copy of my SS card and Driver's license. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this legit? Faxing that info is a little worrisome to me... is it safe to do that?