Question

KaydenPhoenix2011

Does leasing furniture and other items help boost a credit score?
I've heard how Aaron's has claimed that they help build your credit score by leasing you things from them. I have been thinking about taking them up on this offer, but does it really help? I mean, what is the difference between leasing and rent to owning something? Does rent to own also help if leasing is pretty much the same thing?

Aaron's no longer reports

I called my store and Deming New Mexico today to see which of the 3 credit agencies Aaron's reports to. They have informed me that at a corporate level Aaron's no longer reports to any credit reporting agencies. I did not ask when this policy went into place. Hope this helps.

Aarons

We have leased several items from Aarons in my husbands name and every lease shows up on his credit report....his score is actually pretty good due to Aarons reporting.

leaseing

i did get a 60 inch tv 9 yrs ago i paid 2 payments then paid it off and yes there bascially the same things but its been 9 yrs all thought i have 0 balance and no late payments it sits on there for 10 yrs which isnt bad cus it shows u have or had something in gd credit. so yes its on there as gd and does help ...good luck and tc

My sscore

I started leasing a laptop from arrons bc my credit is terrible but then I found out about capital one secured credit cards which build your credit tremendously and now I'm stuck paying on a laptop I don't want. I'm thinking of paying it off or would it be better to finish the contract for my credit score to build some more?

3 contracts

I bad 3 contracts on a need to basis. Have paid off 3 different accounts. Yes it does show up on your report after paid off bc all 3 show on mine.

whateverbena2

how long does it stay on your credit after paid in full??

Leasing furniture should be out of nessesity.  Are you moving out of the country?  Read all you can under credit scores on this site.  Building credit by starting with a secured card by Orchard Bank can save you money because the furniture leasing is costly.  Good Luck.

xmanelmg

No one cares about the crappy furniture, it's all about building your credit score. I'm working on mone now, and if I have to go to this dump and purchase something and pay it off to boost my bad score then so be it.

leasing anyithing is positvely the most expensive way to buy anything... you are liuterally paying 3 times what the item is worrth, and no AAaron's does not report to the credit bureaus, unless you flake out on the payments, and then its a collections and a negative.

work on getting negatives off your credit, then work on getting a card from Orchard bank or Providian..  you'll be better off in sooner time.

angie0487

This is not true aarons does report to the credit bureaus when you are done with your lease. I succesfully finished paying a lease with aarons and they reported my good payment history and my credit score went up 36 points.

Meleager

Yeah, you're wrong. They do report.

Reported positively on mine, and a quick google search shows a TON of other people having positive reports.

I am in a lease right now with Aaron's and prior to my furniture being delivered I wanted to change my mind because I did not want to over extend myself with another bill each month.  When I went to the store manager that did my contract he told me they had already started reporting to the credit agencies and that he would work numbers to get me a monthly payment I was comfortable with.  I never heard from him and when I again spoke with him he told me that they report to credit agencies after your contract is paid. I filed a complaint against Aaron's with the BBC. Stay away from them they are bad news.

Meleager

It's almost like you signed a contract, then wanted to reneg on it.

I can't imagine why that'd be an issue with them.

AmberRose099

WOW I WAS randomly looking at furniture places that don't go based on your bad credit but still will lease you furniture anyway. plus they will report with credit agencies on your payment history woth them. when you're furniture was paid off they would report a completed lease. So, what if they report if you're had late payments with them. I think its great they give you that chance.

Rent to own

I have been renting from aarons since 2016 my lease is almost up and paid off in 2018 I've been loyal never missed a payment what incentives does Aaron's give to their loyal customers a TURKEY FOR THANKSGIVING WILL B NICE THANK YOU SANDRA CUELLAR

BBC

Please Google "BBC."