Question

maidiem

Different TransUnion Scores
I just checked on Equifax and got a deal for 7-day trial to see 3 scores from TransUnion, Equifax and Experian. All my scores on there are pretty much the same (around 725) but my TransUnion score on CreditKarma is 772. I also got free monthly FICO score from my Discover card statement and it is similar with the CK score.

So why does the TransUnion scores on Equifax are so low? I know TransUnion on here has 4 types of scores like Vantage Score, Auto Insurance Score, Home Insurance Score and the TransUnion Credit score but none of them is about 725.

Most Helpful Response

There are dozens if not over 100 scoring models used today. Equifax uses a different model that ranges from 280-850. The TransRisk score model that Credit Karma uses and the FICO score model both range from 300-850. As long as your score was rated the same as with Credit Karma and FICO (a 772 is considered an excellent credit score), then I wouldn't be too concerned and besides, lenders will use the FICO model over all other models (FICO is used by nearly all lenders) followed by Vantage Score (lenders are now adopting Vantage Score and using it along with FICO scores).