Current credit utilization at 0 of $13500. Score is 735. Increase utilization to raise score?
Current score of 735. My utilization grade is a C. I use $0 of $13500. I pay for everything with CC's, but I religiously pay these cards off just before the statement date. As a result my balances get reported as 0 most every time. To raise my score, would it be helpful to allow a small balance to report each month (say 5 to 7% of my total credit line)? I will never want to pay interest on this, I would pay it off before the due date, but would allowing a small chunk to actually report be a good thing? I'm not in favor of allowing a chunk to report and then paying interest on that amount. I would be OK with allowing a small chunk to report and then paying that amount off before I was charged interest on it. Would this be a healthy practice for my credit score? Could you see it increasing my current score of 735? Would 5 to 7% on each credit card (currently use 3 cards) each month be helpful? I'm trying to achieve an excellent score in the 800s. Thanks.