Credit Karma scores way HIGHER than actual scores?
I'm in the process of trying to qualify for financing for a CPO car. It's a hefty price tag - and my credit history falls under the category of "kid who was responsible for a few years, then fell off the train". Basically, I had excellent credit to the point where I was in the low 800s at the age of 20, then I became irresponsible and had several accounts sent to collection, or with several periods of missed payments.

So here's what I found out: my Credit Karma credit scores typically come out at around 650 - but when my bank pulled my credit score for a loan application, it came out at like 550 vs 630 according to Credit Karma at the time. The auto dealership pulled my score at 572, when Credit Karma reported 657. And yes, I'm matching them based on the reporting agency: Experian to Experian, Transunion to Transunion. It seems like the exact opposite of what everybody else seems to say on Credit Karma: that their scores here are much LOWER than the actual ones.

Any explanations? Also, I noticed that there was talk about how there's multiple types of credit scores - my biggest goal right now is to get the car I want, but I haven't been able to find a way to get my auto loan credit score (or whatever its called).

The credit scores on this site are calculated by using a score model called the Vantage score. This is not your Fico score that most lenders use to see if you qualify for a loan. The scores can vary a lot and this site should be used to monitor and ensure things dont pop up out of nowhere.

Few things,   ( no sugar added )

People buy mostly on impluse ( wanting something ) other then sitting back thinking about if they Need it.   

If you had done More research  ( just a little ) here on CreditKarma you would have seen ( as there is weekly ) posts about the same subject, talking about Credit Card Scores and replys on Why they are Different.   Yes you have many,  Lots,  Tons of Different Credit Score's from different Credit Score Models. Find out why you have different CS Models.

for the FICO folks,  not all FICO Scores are the same,  there are Many Different FICO Score Models.

Never Compare Any Credit Score unless you know the Credit Score Model and version used.