co-sign a mortgage
co-signed a mortgage loan for my daughter. She lost her job and didn't work for a couple of years. She got behind in her payments and had to re-negotiate her loan from the mortgage company. Her mortgage is still showing on my credit report. How can I get rid of the co-signing?

daditto

You cannot get rid of it.  By co-signing, you are responsible for the loan, as well as her.  Thus, whenever she had a problem paying, it was then your responsibilty to ensure that the loan obligations were met. 

The only way to rid yourself of the co-signing is for her to refinance without yours. However, this will still show as a bad mark on your report for 7 years because it is a legitimate bad mark against you.  By co-signing, you have responsibility for the loan, as well.

Response by
phnxangell

Submit to the Community