Question

duped123

child support arrears on credit as a loan
Making monthly payments towards it, but still shows up as having missed payments. This is on my report under LOANS and NOT under the PUBLIC RECORDS section.

Assuming I'm able to pay off the entire arrears, how long until its off of my credit. Also, I don't understand why its on my report as a LOAN and not under PUBLIC RECORDS/JUDGMENTS.

Lastly, why do they keep reporting "missed" payments, when I'm not only paying current support, but also paying $300 monthly towards the arrears?

ar·rears

əˈri(ə)rz/

noun

1. money that is owed and should have been paid earlier.

"he was suing the lessee for the arrears of rent"

synonyms:

money owing, outstanding payment(s), debt(s), liabilities, dues

"rent arrears"