Question

wjb2580

Can I cancel on a car loan if the car isn't fixable and it not hurt my credit?
My car has officially been in the shop for 4 weeks now. I took it in due to a shifting problem that was there when I got the car but was barely noticeable and by time I was able to take it in it was a lot more noticeable. After 2 weeks of no communication I finally decided to call them. I was told the part wasn't even in yet. Almost a week later I called again and was told the part had just come in and I would be called Saturday morning and it would be ready. Saturday came and went without a phone call. So Monday I called again and was told they put the part in and the car wasn't running. Yesterday I called again and he said he was waiting on a phone call from the insurance company that was supposed to call him and then he would give me a call. Considering he hasn't called me in the 4 weeks he's had the car I don't expect a call and I'll be calling him this afternoon. But now I'm to the point where I don't know what to do. I'm still paying on this car. I'm wondering can I get a different car of similar value and them just swap over the paperwork on what I'm paying on. My roommate said that's what she'd be asking for right now but I'm not sure that's even possible. I need a car by August and right now it isn't looking like they are going to be able to fix mine. So what I want to know is what would you do in this situation. I need some tips on where to go from here and to know is what my roommate said a possibility.