Can an ID thief IMPROVE my credit?!?
Recently I lost a flash drive with sensitive info on it. I tried to alert Equifax about it, but had to ID myself by saying who I took out home (around 2007) and car (around 2012) loans out on, and for how much. Problem. I TOOK no loans out during the time they specified. So I can't even get in. The weird thing is, it appears my credit is improving anyway, even though we've sworn off ALL credit for the past 14 years!

Now what?!? How do I find out what's going on, and find out if there's a real problem here or just a memory snafu...