Question

vegasdude222

BlueHarbor auto loans review
Since BlueHarbor is a CK recommended lender(Offers are under auto catagory ) why isn't there a review tab on BlueHarbor Auto loans to see how others on this site rated the company?
I tried them( their web site states high customer service with a real person) my experience was terrible with them, zero customer service. I then went to the lending tree site got 4 great offers. I wanted to see how others were treated by Blueharbor before you waste a inq.

Most Helpful Response

complete disaster

Blue Harbor paid off the wrong lender and did not even know that they did it as their is quality control over their documents.  They had copied down the wrong lender and loan balances and inserted the correct car to be refinanced with the wrong loan balances.  You have to be a masochist to deal with them as the mistakes keep accumulating.  Caviat emptor.

Reviews online regarding Blue Harbor are most negative.

Why does CK endorse them as a possible option for car loans?

billyoneal

Because that's how Credit Karma is able to offer free access to credit scores. The normal fees charged by TransUnion for the scoring service are paid for by advertising from providers like BlueHarbor (and all the other offers you see on the site)

Good Deal

I had communicated with a rep named Terrence. Customer Service was actually excellent. Terrence answered ALL of my thousands of questions. I dragged making a decision for almost a month, because I wanted to make sure that I was making a smart decision.  My original loan had a rate of 3.99%, $290 monthly payments, and 42 months left til payoff. I then made a big car payment before deciding to move forward with Blue Harbor & that changed the offer they gave me. New offer I got was 60 month term at 2.99% for monthly payments of $192. I decided to move forward because my goal is to pay off my car faster. I am going to pay an extra $100 each month, meaning that my car would be paid off in 37 months!!! Because $3,504 per year will be going towards the principal. And any extra money I get, I'll be putting towards my car. I did NOT get the Gap Insurance. I also wanted to point out, Blue Harbor is NOT A LENDER. They are an exchange. They work with lenders searching out the best auto refinance loan, rate, and terms for your specific situation. Terrence told me about being refunded my Gap Insurance- but he specificed that Blue Harbor is not the company that pays you the refund. I have to go through my Gap Insurance provider and file a claim. Blue Harbor charges a State Title Transfer fee + Handling fee.  The loan process went VERY smoothly. They sent me pre-filled loan docs via email. All I had to do was review the forms and sign the highlighted areas. The only inconvenience was that it is time sensitive and I had to sign & scan back the forms same day PLUS go out of my way to find a notary public (which I AM one but I can't notarize my own docs) and then fax or scan the notarized form to them. THEN, they emailed me a UPS shipping label and wanted me to mail the original documents to them- SAME DAY. I had to do it the following day. But they used email & I was even able to text message photos of my drivier's license, insurance card, and vehicle registration. They stayed in communication with me the whole time.  This works like a credit card balance transfer. My new lender is a Credit Union (yay!) and they are going to pay off my existing auto loan by March 5, 2016. Then I will be making payments to my new Credit Union. My credit report should look **** good, showing off a complete auto loan paid in full with no missed payments.  Overall, I feel like I got the best rate possible (2.99%), did not get Gap Insurance, had all my questions answered honestly by the rep, and feel like it was worth it because I have a plan. If you have a plan to pay off your car faster, then I would recommend it. If you need to lower your car payments, I'd recommend it but.....remember you'll be paying more in interest over time. The only reason i decided to move forward was because I would be paying my car off in 37 months versus 42 or even 60 months. More money goes to the principal.  Blue Harbor was very professional with me, clear, and efficient.