Better to prepay student loan balance and keep account open or pay off early?
My student loan term is set to end in 2020 and as of now I am down to about $3,500 remaining balance and am prepaid until 12/2017. I currently have 2 lines of revolving credit & would like to apply for another in the near future, my student loans show up as 4 separate accounts, I have no other loans, and I am anticipating purchasing a car and house in the next couple years (with the help of loans). My credit score is in the low end of the 'Excellent' range but account # & age of accounts is still fairly low compared to others on here.

I am trying to determine whether it would be best for my credit score/minimizing interest if I…

1) Pay the loan down very low, maybe to ~$100 or so and then let it stay open until 2020 (or as long as I can stand it) and pay it off at the last minute to maximize the account length & maintain credit type diversity
2) If I should just pay off the loan completely right now and be done with it.