Question

KMG1993

22 year old seeking fast credit building advise PLEASE HELP
I am a young adult, 22, trying to move out and many places will not accept me as a tenant unless I have good credit. Currently, to my understanding, I have a credit score of 000. I have not had a credit check done myself, but when I applied for an apartment the leasing agent told me I did not have a credit score. I know I have an unpaid medical bill of $60 that went to collections over 24 months ago and am unsure why this would not show on my credit report. I also just applied for a Secure Credit Card via MasterCard and was approved with a $49 deposit and $200 credit limit just today (8/28/15). I am looking to build my credit as soon as possible so that I can move out as soon as possible. Please, help!

Here are my questions:

1. Why is the debt from my medical bill not reflecting on my credit score and, since I opened a secure card, is it now going to reflect on my score?

2. My grandma has amazing credit and no debt! Would you advise that I have her add me as an authorized user onto her credit card(s) to help build my credit, in addition to having my own secure credit card?
-If yes, how many cards should I be authorized on? 1, 2, 3?
-How long should I do this for?
-Do I need to actually use the card myself to build credit or just be listed as an authorized user?

3. How long should I have my secure card? Do I cancel it after that period of time or can I upgrade it to a regular credit card (if so, does this avoid canceling the card and hurting my score)?

4. Are there any other steps I can take to help build my credit score?

As far as the collection, the collector may have just never reported it to the bureaus, the best thing that you can do with that is to contact the medical care provider and ask them if they will accept the payment and pull the account back from collections. Getting added as an authorized user on one of your Grandma's credit cards would be a good move, unless the account has any lates on it or has a high utilization rate. You do not have to use the card you are authorized to use and I highly suggest that you don't. If you get authorized on one or two cards that would be fine. You should try to get one more secured card in your name at this time. You do not want to cancel your current secured card any time in the near future. You must wait until you have several accounts that are aged before you consider closing an account. Once again, because this is very important, do NOT close that account for a long time. When you want a better card and are able to get one, then you get it in ADDITION to the secured card and keep the secured card open. There is really nothing speedy that you can do here. You will have to be patient for a good six months or try to find a different landlord that would accept you without having a score.