174 point drop in my score in 5 minutes?
I logged on and my score was one number and 5 minutes later after i went back to the main page 5 minutes later my score had dropped 174 points!?!?

Most Helpful Response

Mine dropped 82 points because a credit line was closed due to inactivity. It was completely paid off and had been for 24 months so they closed the account without my authorization or notifying me. Completely messed up my credit that I have been working so hard on fixing....ugh...

Enter Your Reply my Equifax just dropped 106 point, and I can't figure why.  All of my open lines of credit are paid and up to date! Did find anything out about why yours dropped? 

Points dropping

Well I found out my score dropped 103 points because the credit union I have my loan with reduced my interest rate and unapplied all of my previous payments and it changed my payment status from being on time 99% to payments 120-149 days late because of the adjustment she made unapplying my payments and then re-applying them over 90 days later which I wrote a letter to them to have this corrected asap because now all of my credit scores have dropped due to this issue which I am very upset about. Its going to take them sometime to get it corrected meanwhile my credit suffers and I am stressed.

Me as well - 160 points!

I'm in a similar situation with my score here - on the same day my Trans Union FICO score went up 22 points, my Vantage Score here at Credit Karma and also Credit Sesame DROPPED by an astonishing 160 points - with no explanation at all.

My credit card company also has a credit score reporting feature (backed by Experian), and there has been NO point drop there either.

I obtained a fresh copy of my Trans Union Credit report directly from Trans Union, and there is NO new activity or entries made to my report since the last month...

The fact that this is happening to quite a few people makes me wonder what is going on with the Vantage scoring system.

Mine too

I know, i have been paying off all my debt and they just dropped drastically from one day to the next. I dont know what happened if nothing has been added and stuff still has not been deleted off my report. Its so frustrating.

I have read that they do fluctuate throughout the day/night.  Not sure of all the reasons.  But you can believe there are many!  I would see if it stills shows such a drastic drop after a day & find out what happened if so.