Student Loan Reviews Advertiser Disclosure

Find Out More

Ratings by Category

Product User Ratings

Compare Student Loans

Check out refinancing options or shop for a new student loan.

Reviews (2)

Jun 07, 2016
Most miserable student loan refi ever.
Anonymous Product User

I have a credit score well over 700 and graduated with a job out of college paying $65,000. That said, the DRB team couldn't get their s*** together AND TOOK OVER SEVEN MONTHS TO REVIEW AND PROCESS MY REFINANCE.

Yes, over SEVEN MONTHS. I applied in November and called in multiple times every month, getting the same scripted response "the application is currently in review and we don't have an expected time of completion yet." It's currently JUNE and my funds were just disbursed.

And what was the offer? A whopping 6% refinance on a 10 year loan. FAR BELOW their advertised rates, considering I have high job stability and a credit score in the high 700's.

But it doesn't end there. The user interface of DRB's website is absolute garbage. Finding the monthly payment and detailed information on the loan is extremely difficult. This was hands down the single worst experience I have EVER had with a bank and I will look forward to refinancing with another bank next year.

Nov 18, 2015
Requirements for approval are insane

I applied to refinance my student loans in order to lower my monthly payments and decrease my interest rate. I should also mention that I was recommended this product by Credit Karma.  The applicaiton was easy; however, the requirements in order to be approved for a loan were ridiculous. They required that I have an extra $4000 a month free cash after living expenses. I'm a recent graduate and I don't even make $4000 a month in gross income! If I had that kind of money, I wouldn't even need to refinance, I'd pay my loan off in cash in under a year! Glad to know this bank has the back of only wealthy people.

Even worse, at no point in the application did they make it clear that you would need so much expendable income, so my credit score took a take a hit becuase of a hard inquiry. Thanks DRB and thanks for the reccomendation Credit Karma.

Rate this product overall

What should others know about this product?