Credit Union Reviews

WESTconsin Credit Union

2.35 3 Reviews Write a Review

Results 1-3 of 3Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

After fifteen years of owning my house I was laid off  a week before Christmas. I asked to refinance my house after finding a new job in January. They declined. Since I was recently divorced I had to remove my ex's name from the loan. Keep in mind her name was on the loan for eighteen months. The bad part of this whole thing is that my ex works for these people. I was put on a three year arm and poof. My payment doubled. Thanks to these people i lost the house because of the underhanded people (person) in the office. I now moved from Menomonie. At least they got 75,000 dollars  from me in payments  then sold my house for 135,000  Hope they go out of business for the corruption that goes on behind the scenes. Karma

Gearge B.

Apr 28, 2012 Reply

Great to do business with. Very user friendly with low fees, good interest rates on CD's and savings accts and low loan rates.

hdnvalley's review was:

Dec 20, 2011 Reply

hdnvalley(3, 5)

Review by hdnvalley

Corruption Helpful to 0 out of 1 people

I have had a checking/saving account with westconsin for over 22 years, many loans, and then a credit card, in October of 2011 I lost my job and fell 60 days late on payments on the credit card, December of 2011 2 weeks before Christmas they sent a debt collection letter stating to pay the past due amount or face legal action, instead of buying Christmas presents for my kids, I scraped up and borrowed money to satisfy the past due amount, they then cancelled the credit card after I paid the money to get the card up to date. (I had this card in good standing for 6 years) jan and feb I was unable to make full payments on the account, they then filed a summons and complaint in March of 2012 for a court date of May 2012, before the court date I finally got a job and paid the complete balance off, a little over 3k. However in June of 2012 they still got a judgement against me for the full amount, even though they had the money weeks before the court date. My credit is now destroyed because of this bank! I closed my checking and savings account but must have got hit with fees I wasn't aware of because now they are also reporting a $146.00 charge that was never paid. So now I have another hi on my credit report that I have tried disputing to all three credit agencies without any luck.

This bank is ridiculous. The person that was trying to collect on the account ....good luck getting ahold of her...... She won't return my phone calls!

Ryan P

Jan 25, 2014 Reply
Results 1-3 of 3Results per page: 5 | 10 | 25Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Add Your Review Of WESTconsin Credit Union

With the slogan “We belong to you”, WESTconsin Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution that offers an array of financial products. Membership is available to people who live or work in the Wisconsin counties of Barron, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Dunn, Eau Claire, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, St. Croix, Sawyer, Trempealeau, and Washburn, as well as the Minnesota counties of Chicago, Dakota, Goodhue, and Washington. Financial services include lending, certificates, credit cards, debit cards, online banking, insurance, and business banking. Online services include online banking, bill pay, eStatements, telephone banking, and more. Members can also reach WESTconsin Credit Union through its active social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, and their blog.

WESTconsin Credit Union was established in 1939 under the name Menomonie Farmers Credit Union. WESTconsin Credit Union has assets of over $646 million and more than 63,000 members.

Company Details