American 1 Federal Credit Union Reviews

May 15, 2017
Shady and deceitful
xostephbby Account Holder

My parents banked exclusively with American 1 for 41 years, since my father was 16 years old. After his sudden and unexpected death recently, American 1 took it upon themselves to remove thousands of dollars from my mother's account. This was a joint account that legally became my mother's after my father's death. American 1 has since refused to attempt to rectify this situation or work with my mother in any way. It's a relief in a way, to know how this institution treats a grieving widow, so that we can inform all of our friends and family to take their business elsewhere to avoid such a horrendous ordeal during a time when a family should be afforded time to mourn. I would advise anyone to get their life savings out of this institution while you can.

Aug 17, 2016

I have been a member of this credit union for 25 years and will now only use them for my online bill payments to Comcast. Years ago I had paid my car off and was signing the title over to someone and found out that "they were 6 months behind on that paperwork". They were told to have it ready in 30 minutes. Do not recommend this credit union. They are NOT for the customer. I recommend everyone transfer their car loans elsewhere.