Air Academy Federal Credit Union (AAFCU)

Sep 16, 2016
ARMY - Stay away from this bank!
djyox Account Holder

I took a loan out through this bank, everything seemed normal. At the time I was in the military and was getting shipped over seas about a year after I opened my loan through them. I sent them my orders, and requested to have my interest rate lowered under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). This bank DENIED it saying it was "optional". I would have tried to fight it harder, but if you've been deployed you know how hectic it gets around the months leading up to depature. And of course anyone you talk to isn't the person who can help you. After I came back I ETS'ed and went home. Trasistioning had its ups and downs and I hit on some lows, I called the bank and asked to skip a payment rather than be late. The bank DENIED it because I was under 15 days before the payment was due. So yes you read that right, I called (I believe it was 13 days before payment was due) to see if I could skip a payment, and they told me to go pound sand because I didn't know early enough I'd be tight on money. So that payment didn't get made, and I requested the next month to skip a payment to get back on track. DENIED again, because I had missed a payment, and this created a snowball which lasted for about 4 months and hit my credit HARD. I finally got back on track and am now just waiting to pay off the loan and be done with these people. I no longer live in Colorado otherwise I would tell everyone I saw to stay away from this bank.