Would consolidating student loans affect my payment history?
So here's my situation: I have 8 different student loans that all went delinquent at the same time, so I have several late payments for each loan for the same months.

I'm wondering if consolidating them into one loan would improve my credit score. Will the missed payments for the subsequently closed loans still factor into my payment history? I'm pretty sure the closed accounts would still show up, but are the missed payments weighted less on closed accounts than open accounts?

Hope this all makes sense! Let me know if anyone knows the answer to this scenario. Thanks!