Question

SaveMefromDebt

Why is my credit score drastically different on other sites?
I started out using CreditKarma first, you know, the catchy jingle on TV 2 months ago. This gave me a red flag, as I had no idea my credit score was as low as it said (511).

I pulled my credit reports from TU, EQ, and EX and have begun the process of disputing inaccuracies.

While doing this, I also signed up at credit.com and creditsesame.com. Both of these sites show me within 3 points of each other (647 and 650). My CreditKarma update has me at 572 now... dramatic improvement, but why not the mid 600s like the other sites?

I'm tempted to go to MyFico and paying for a score, but want to get the best bang for my buck with that and get as much of the inaccuracies off first.

Is MyFico worth the $15 a month?
Why are my scores way lower on CK than on the other 2?

Most Helpful Response

It's just a guess, not really accurate. Personally I don't like monthly fees but if your score is really concerning you: Pay for the free trial and cancel withing 30 days. Also I would finish all my disputes and pay off all debts and wait about a month for everything to update before I order my score. That way you have no surprises. Good luck my friend.