Why has my score dropped 50 if I haven't missed a payment & my credit utilization is decreasing?
Experian score drop by 50 in one month!!!!

Most Helpful Response

Mine dropped by 50 too

This is so weird.. my profile always stay the same.. the only difference is that my husband max out his credit card.. and i am an authorize user on his credit card as well.. my point dropped from 708 to 658 .. now my credit is FAIR! :-( 

Got to ask the bank tomorrow.. if being an authorize user affects my credit score, I will ask my husband to cancel me out. 

There's no way for us to tell you exactly why your score dropped with only a partial picture of your credit behavior. No missed payments and decreasing utilization are good for sure, but what about the rest of it?
Go to the Credit Karma home page (the one with the score display). In the left hand column, second item down, is "Credit Factors." Click on that and it will show you an itemization of all the factors that go into your score. Pay special attention to any little red triangles pointing downward--that's what has changed and is hurting your score since the last time CK updated. 

You say your utilization is decreasing--is that reflected on the report yet? It does take time for your hard work to show up--the bureaus have to report your new balances (they only report once a month), and then CK has to update to reflect that new report. Look at your accounts as reported by CK and see if the balances are what you thought they would be. One of the most important things to know is what date your creditors report your balance to the bureaus. You can pay your bills on time, even in full, and still have a lousy score if you charge a lot between the due date and the reporting date. 

I had the same thing happen to me this past week. I was waiting for one bad mark to come off my credit report (a tax lein that was 7 years old) before applying for  a credit card. The lien came off, I had one more month of perfect payments and the balance on my car loan went down and my score still dropped by 39 points.

Sometimes these things make no sense at all. It was almost like I was punished for the bad mark coming off my report. I know this really isn't helpful but wanted you to know that you weren't alone in your confusion about these scores.