Question

missygraham04

Why did getting an "account" from PAID student debt removed drop my score 2 points?!?
I have 4 "accounts" showing on my Transamerica credit report. All four are for my student load debt which was PAID OFF last year. I figured getting rid of the accounts (since they are apparently derogatory marks with only missed and late payments showing) would improve my credit score but after having one removed it actually hurt my score! Now I am confused as to why getting rid of an account for a PAID debt would hurt my score and wondering if I should just leave the other three on there. I've worked really hard to raise my already bad score.

Do you have any open and active accounts in good standing currently on your credit reports? If not, this is a problem. If this is the case, do some reading on what it takes to build and maintain good credit.