Question

MykkahJane

Why are my scores so different??
I use Equifax, Experian, and Credit Karma to monitor my credit. I have limited credit history and am looking to purchase a car in the near future so I wanted to know what my scores were.

Credit Karma: 700
Experian: 720

Equifax: (displays all three scores)
equifax: 650
Transunion:662
Experian: 639

That's an 81 point difference between my Experian score on Experian.com and my Experian score on Equifax.com.

I have no idea what i should look at or why there is such a difference for a score that is from the same company?

Most Helpful Response

There are dozens if not 100's of scoring models in use today (even within the same credit bureau). The TransRisk score, Equifax and Experian scoring models are hardly worth looking at since a lender will most likely never use those models. Nearly all lenders will use FICO scores and a few lenders have even adopted Vantage Score, so FICO Scores and Vantage Score would be the models worth looking at.