Question

HarleyQuinnsPuddin

Who should I pay back my debt to?
Long story short, I owe paypal $2,000. Well, they sent me to a collection agency. It hasn't been reported on my credit yet, and I want to take action to prevent them from adding a new deurogatory mark.
Well, since I have an outstanding PayPal debt, I am also barred from using their services. I want to get this ban lifted also, as a lot of merchants I work with prefer PayPal money transfers, and it's easier.

So, here's my problem... if a debt collector is involved that means that PayPal sold my debt, right?
So as far as my understanding of the system goes... if I pay them, it will still go on my record, but if I pay the creditor I will still be barred from their services until the bill is paid?

So, what route can I take to pay back my debt ONLY ONE TIME?

Any help would be greatly appriciated, the sooner the better while it's still not on my credit report!

Sounds like you haven't yet read the articles on this site, which I advise doing so you can understand how credit works. Pay Pal would not have gone to collections if you had made sure of the payments. Once they were behind, the account goes to collections and you will be barred from using it.  That is in the terms and conditions of the service which you agreed to. You owe the debt to the collection agency because PayPal wrote you off as a bad debt. As to ever being able to muse Pay ZPal again, it is their choice.

If you have the money to pay in full. Contact PayPal and ask them if they will accept payment. If they will, pay them immediately. If they won't, contact the collection company and tell them that you would like to pay in full if they in return agree to not place the account on your credit reports. If they agree, then pay. If they don't agree, pay anyways as they still may not place it on your reports. Most collection companies spend their time trying to recover money, once the money is recovered, they may not waste any more resources on your account. I would do this ASAP, as a collection account could pop up any day. As far as using PayPal again, I am not sure, but at this point it will be irrelevant of who you pay as PayPal already banned you.