Which direction should I go? Balances or Collection accounts?
I took a second job and every check I get I pay towards a credit card balance till it reaches zero, throw the card in the safe and move onto the next one. I started with a 530 I'm now at 580. I can't get above that. My frustration is Synchrony Bank whom I have 4 accounts with, has closed my PayPal Extras MasterCard Account which had a 500 balance, 2 months after I paid it in full. Walmart which had same limit they reduced it to 100.00 limit. This I know has hurt my score. There reason was a soft pull that reflects collections accounts. All of which are medical. Too many inquires which I just traded in my Accord 2 months ago for a new one. Same finance company, and switched cell carriers. How can I combat this? I have 2 left with this bank Victoria Secrets and Care Credit. I have never missed a payment, never been late. As a consumer I'm frustrated trying to do the right thing. From watching my score it appears when they close an account it affects the use rate. I thought if I switched gears and paid off collections accounts the remaining card companies could not use this as reason to close my account once the account is paid in full. I personally think laws should be put in place where if a company closes your account or reduces your limit it doesn't affect your score much like the more recent laws where consumers can shop for a car or home mortgage for 30 days and it's only one hit to your credit score
Any advice? I've decided to leave the last 2 accounts with this bank to the very end in paying them off since they keep closing them, pay off the others, then start on collection accounts. I will never do business with company again on any level.