Question

goblue47

What matters more? Credit history length or total utilization?
I was put on my two of my parents' credit cards many years in the past. One when I was born and one when I was about 8 years old. I got own credit cards in my 20's easily because I already had a substantial credit history. On my own cards I usually pay off my balance in full every month or very close to it since I still have 0% intro APR on the cards. One of my parents' cards that has been opened since 1987 now has a 77% utilization and that is killing my overall utilization. Without that card on my credit report my overall Utilization would drop 17%. However if I was taken off that card my credit history would be cut in half or more. What option would improve my score? CK score 730 at the moment.