Question

Kaseykayd

What is AFNI? Apparently I'm in collection
I just turned 18 this year and it says I've had that for a year and 3 months. It's a balance in collection with AFNI. What is that?

Me too with AFNI

AFNI has just placed a collection on my credit report for an account that I have already settled. It was an ATT wireless bill. So yes, I would say there is an issue with this company. 

zealouszee723

r Your Reply

The same with me $89 with ATT. If I owed them I'm sure ATT would slap it on my current bills...somehow. This can screw up your credi score.

Most Helpful Response

AFNI is a collection agency that has been connected with some less than honest collection attempts. It has been reported that they are attempting to collect old or non-existent wireless communications bills.

Did you have a cell phone at one time and left without paying the bill in full? If so it is possible that it is legitimate.

Get your actual credit report from one of the big three and see if it is listed. File a dispute if necessary. If you beleive that you do, in fact, owe them something then try and work it out.

As a minor could you legally enter into a contract for a cell phone or other debt? Most likely this is either fraudulent or a debt that another person co-signed for you and you simply forgot about it.

Here's my story. Hope it helps in some w

I just got 1 letter out of no where from them in the mail for att charge from 4 years ago. I moved homes and moved my service over so it should have continued as I have AUTO PAY! No Idea how i could miss a bill and no warning letter or email just boom 4 years later "you missed a payment"... what B.S.!  I'm on infinit hold at AFNI, I called att directly there regular agents cant even see this alleged bill you need the ATT COLLECTION department.

frustrated

This collection company obviously plays their model as "shoot first and ask questions later".

what can we do

I was billed with AFNI after years of no notice for just a $60 ATT bill. I called att after lots of pushing on my end they dug up somthing 4 years ago but have not send me any notice about it. Now I paid ATT they promised it will be removed from my credit report but it has not. I call AFNI and i'm on infinit hold. How can I get this removed?

credit

They probly already reported it to your credit.. And if it is not you then you are pettey muched scwed. When you try to get it revoved from your credit they tell you that its your name and it stays on. The credit reports are unfair and not right something needs to be changed.