What do properties management companies/apartments complexes look for on a credit report?
My boyfriend and I are looking toget an apartmet together. He makes a good income and has good credit while I make a smaller income and have poor credit due to some mistakes I made a few years evictions or anything like that, just unpaid credit cards) I know we meet the income requirement of 2.7x the monthly rent but I'm concerned that my poor credit score will prevent us from getting the apartment.
Do they look at the overall score or do they look for specific things?

Most Helpful Response

They look at whether you pay your bills on time. Sounds like you don't and your BF does. I think it will be up to decretion of the property management company whether to ignore your credit or not.