Question

melopez92

Want to pay off student loan but it's my longest line of credit...
Ok, so I want to pay off the last 4k of these 2 student loans I opened in 2013. Unfortunately, they are my longest line of credit. My average age of credit is 2 years 1 month which is already taking a toll on my score. I recently payed off a personal loan that we had out since Dec of 2014 and it dropped my score 3 points. Earlier this year, we opened a line of credit for some cookware (I know, I know) and that dropped my score 10 points! I went from a 740 now to a 728. What should I do to avoid getting dinged. I would love to pay off these student loans but I don't want my score to tank. Also, how long will it take to recover from these hits?