Unsubmitted Online Employment applications resulting in background check and/or credit inquiry
I started filling out an online employment application. Before I completed the application I was told I did not meet "minimum background" qualifications designated and the application process was terminated. I was not asked for permission, I did not click or press a button or link to send my application, I was not allowed to submit the application.
The job posting explicitedly stated "A required drug screening, administered post-offer. A background check, if required, done post-offer. Provide proof of credentials, if required, done post offer." I was not offered a job or even an interview.

My state's Attorney General, Employment Division, State Commerce Department, Burearu of Labor & Industry, and several private lawyers, have all referred me to the FTC.

I was advised by the FTC they are no longer allowed to use agency funds to pursue consumer complaints any further than accepting them.

So? How do I pursue this violation of federal law if the FTC is no longer allowed to help?