Question

Bharris4000

Towering debt? What should I do?
I'm over $ 150,00 in debt. This includes: Student loans, Child support, An Eviction, Medical, and a few others I'm not sure of. My question is: Would debt consolidation be my best bet, or would it be better to file Chapter 7 ?

Filing Chapter 7 will not include your Child Support, it will have to be repaid prior to the discharge.  Also, "normally" Student Loans cannot be included as well.  There are special circumstances where it can be, consult an attorney to see if can qualify for file a special petition.   Another item which cannot be included are Taxes or a Tax Lien.  Now that you know what can not be included, how much is your total debt now.  Thus if the primary amounts are one of the aforementioned items, you may see yourself looking for debt consolidation. Whenever considering protection, you should aways confer with an attorney to consider your options.