These scores are BS. Credit pulled for loan. As much as 48 points off real score. Pure & simple BS.
Vantage Score 3.0 has no relation to your "real number" when credit is pulled. I took the score provided since Credit Karma changed their model to Vantage Score 3.0 with a grain of salt. It just did not seem to be right. But I didn't expect the score to be so blatantly WRONG. I lived a credit free lifestyle for 15 or so years before I finally decided to settle in this area and buy a house. But because I didn't play the credit company's game and stayed in debt I had no score because I had not had a credit card or a loan for that decade and a half. So a couple of years before I planned to purchase I started building some credit. I thought that I could use Credit Karma as an indication that I was trending in the right direction in the months before making an offer. Surprise! And a bad one at that! Unforgivably wrong! This will probably be the last time I log onto this site. But I just wanted to share my experience so that hopefully at least a couple of people won't rely upon the scores provided here and get a shock like I did. Don't count on these scores. They are nowhere close to accurate. If they are then it is just a coincidence. There is nothing like getting a real credit score pulled from your trusted financial institution. Don't believe in Credit Karma. Don't get burned.

Most Helpful Response

The simple fact are these: the original CK score (TU New Accounts Score) was absolutely garbage; there has never been a known lender who has used this score to underwrite anything... it was in effect an educational score.  

The current VS 3.0, while it doesn't have a large market penetration compared to the 800 pound credit scoring gorilla that is Fair Issac (FICO), is used by some number of lenders (including well known ones such as Chase) to underwrite some of their products.  That said, the only score which matters is the one that the lender pulls, and there's over 50 FICO Scores now in the wild too, of which perhaps 30 possibly could be found on a given credit card decision.