Question

diggdugg

There is an inquiry on my report from Kroll Factual Data. Not from me. Could it be potential fraud?

Did you by chance attempt to use their services to find out your credit score? I pulled the following off of their website:

"Factual Data is a leading provider of independent verification services to mortgage lenders, banks, credit unions, property management firms, and other businesses. Combining innovative services with cutting-edge technology and industry-leading customer service, Factual Data enables prompt, accurate decisions."

It seems like the inquiry could've been from not you but someone you're using as they service large clients.

diggdugg

Thanks for the response.  The company is, in fact, used by my own bank.  I have not applied for credit in the past year so I'm not sure why they would have done a hard inquiry.  I'm planning on visiting a branch this week to find out what's up and if the inquiry originated from the bank.

Most Helpful Response

Fraud

"Factual Data" and Citibank NA, Best B was on my credit report as well and it is showing up as a hard hit.  I did not request this.  How can these be takin off your report.  My credit score is excellent however I do not need hard hits when I did not make them. 

I am applying for a loan with Quicken Loan and I see that one which is valid. 

natuliks1971

I am applyed for a loan with Quicken Loan too and then after few month i have this Factual data on my credit report