Question

chezez311

Should I remove myself as an authorized user of a credit card with no reported credit limit (AMEX) ?
I am on my mothers American Express account as an authorized user. They are reporting what I believe is called a "high balance" (highest reported balance in a certain time period) and no credit limit. From what I read this is typical for "charge cards" like American Express. I have used the card maybe a handful of times over the many years I have owned it and would really have no issue getting taken off of it. She also uses this card so the balance reported is always non-zero and sometimes higher than I would like (right now ~$1k). Would there be a significant improvement to my credit score if I got taken off, or would it have little effect?