Question

bollingn

Should I pay off my credit card that's open? Or the one that is a closed account with a balance?
I'm in the process of doing the "snowball" effect and have saved up enough money to pay off one of my cards. I have an Amazon credit card that is open with a balance of $2200. I also have a closed Diamonds Direct account with the balance of $2400. Which account would be more beneficial (credit score wise) to pay off first? I will be able to pay off the other card within the next two months. My goal is to get preapproved for a house by the end of next year and increase my credit score by paying off my credit cards since I have high utilization