Question

mmaaxxneedshelp

Pay old credit cards in collections or new medical bills in collectios
I have old credit cards i stopped paying in 2012 due to financial hardship which are on my collections.Credit carma only shows 2 accounts in collections a credit card for 700 last payment in 2012 or early 2013, and a new medical debt for 800. I also have 2 credit cards with last payments in 2012 which show not under collections but just if I view the missed payments sections, accounts are closed.

They were charged off as bad debts.

Should I focus on paying these? Capital one offered me to pay $25 a month for 31 months, i can afford that.

Is paying these slow gonna hurt my creidt more then help it? Should I leave it be? Should I focus only on new debts? I can not pay these in full... I am paycheck to paycheck with very little wiggle room.

I have 2 credit cards one with a 1200 limit now and one with a 450 limit, 670 credit score. I always keep a low balance or pay in full every month on these. I always pay my school loans for years never missed, pay my cell phone (not sure if that goes on credit but it is post-paid).

What would you do?