Question

esenbee

Paid Medical Collections removed by disputing?
I have 5 medical collection accounts (totalling $1,297). These were from maternity care that were not billed correctly. I switched from 2 different OBs and my last OB did not bill the entire care under a "global billing code", but billed the insurance for each visit, so my insurance denied 5 of the claims. I got 3 of the bills pretty late (6 months after the birth, I think?), and honestly, being busy with newborn twins, I was not on top of getting it worked out (called a few times, no-one wanted to help really). SO, they are 3 years old now, I finally have the funds to pay these (divorced the big spender, so there is actually extra to pay things, imagine that!).

QUESTION IS: I paid them today, in full. Can I dispute with the credit bureaus to get them removed??? Will "insurance billing error" be valid for it being removed? Has anyone tried this and been successful? I can provide documentation that my insurance denied the claims.

I realize the new FICO 9 and VantageScores do not count paid medical collections, but the FICO 2, 4, and 5 that most mortgage lenders use do count paid medical collections, and it doesn't look like they are moving to the new model scores anytime soon.