Question

majack3

Navient late payments removal??
Hello all-
I have a large amount of student loans that I origionally financed through Sallie Mae (now Navient). They were origionally 15 seperate accounts but about a year ago I considated them to two seperate accounts. Anyways, about two years ago, I thought I was still in deferment but I guess not and Sallie Mae only reported every 120 days. I had 15 120 date payments hit my account and have been fighting them tooth and nail to get removed for the past two years. Every time I call in and talk to a representative they say since they are now Navient they cant see the accounts in detail and they dont see any late payments so they put in a request for them to be deleted.. Then I call back and am told no they will not be deleted. I have tried asking for good will multiple times.. Any suggestions?

cecherry

This is not always so. There are departments that address "goodwill" requests in student loan departments. Depending on the case you may be able to have parts or all of the late payments removed from your reports. It is worth trying.  Try this sample letter.

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/college-students-and-recent-grads/student-loan-goodwill-letter

Here is a student reporting that a private student loan is removed. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/SUCCESS-getting-student-loan-lates-removed/td-p/1311677

My loans are serviced through Navient and the appropriate office is the Customer Advocate Office.  

https://www.navient.com/about/who-we-are/leadership/advocate/default.aspx

It is difficult, but keep trying. It only takes a few minutes to send an email, and if you have a compelling condition that contributed to the non-payment which you seem to. 

Work your may up the ladder find the ombudsman office and send emails. 

Good Luck. 

Sorry, but late payment reports are not going to be removed.  They are part of your credit history with those accounts, which are going to have to be paid no matter how long it takes.  That is just a fact with student loans.