Question

majack3

Navient late payments removal??
Hello all-
I have a large amount of student loans that I origionally financed through Sallie Mae (now Navient). They were origionally 15 seperate accounts but about a year ago I considated them to two seperate accounts. Anyways, about two years ago, I thought I was still in deferment but I guess not and Sallie Mae only reported every 120 days. I had 15 120 date payments hit my account and have been fighting them tooth and nail to get removed for the past two years. Every time I call in and talk to a representative they say since they are now Navient they cant see the accounts in detail and they dont see any late payments so they put in a request for them to be deleted.. Then I call back and am told no they will not be deleted. I have tried asking for good will multiple times.. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Response

cecherry

This is not always so. There are departments that address "goodwill" requests in student loan departments. Depending on the case you may be able to have parts or all of the late payments removed from your reports. It is worth trying.  Try this sample letter.

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/college-students-and-recent-grads/student-loan-goodwill-letter

Here is a student reporting that a private student loan is removed. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/SUCCESS-getting-student-loan-lates-removed/td-p/1311677

My loans are serviced through Navient and the appropriate office is the Customer Advocate Office.  

https://www.navient.com/about/who-we-are/leadership/advocate/default.aspx

It is difficult, but keep trying. It only takes a few minutes to send an email, and if you have a compelling condition that contributed to the non-payment which you seem to. 

Work your may up the ladder find the ombudsman office and send emails. 

Good Luck. 

Credit assistance needed

Like to be able to improve my credit score which is poor at this point..please have someone contact me at 510 689-9373 for guidance would grratly appreciate..This is really embarasding at this point in my life like to know which would be the most effective way to go to improve my credit status. Constance Oliver

Navient

Same thing happened to me, except only 30 days. Any luck on getting them removed?

Sorry, but late payment reports are not going to be removed.  They are part of your credit history with those accounts, which are going to have to be paid no matter how long it takes.  That is just a fact with student loans. 

Jalva321

They can be removed but involves contesting with the Credit bureaus. Telling others it can't be done is disinformation, and it doesn't help anyone.

MsJody

wow

MsJody

I have a similar situation with student reporting a 90 and 120 day late on all three CB's that are 4 years old. I know for a fact that they were deferred. I have never faulted on my student loans. If I couldn't pay at that time I always had them deferred. That being said, Navient deleted these late payments off of Experian as well as Equifax but did not for TransUnion. As I am repairing my own credit I have emailed Navient and I received and email letting me know that disputes have to be done by mail. They gave me the information where to send the dispute. I sent a certified lettter to: 

Navient

ATTN: Correspondence

PO BOX 9500

Wilkes Barre, PA 18773-9500

They have 30 days to respond. I have not notified the Bureaus yet but will if I don't hear anything by February 17, 2017. I then will send the 2nd round to include the Bureaus. It can be a process but as long you have your documentation to back up your claim you can get them removed. DON'T GIVE UP

When you write to Bureaus send verification of your identity: copy of DL and utility bill, copy of the ceritified stamp sent to Navient showing that they received your letter and the letter itself, also state exactly what you are disputing along with the account number(s). Always always send certified. I hope this helps. Good Luck and Best Wishes.