Question

goldendavisjr

My score is a 508. How can I raise it within the next 5 or 6 months

Most Helpful Response

The last statement is true but it can go up quickly sometimes. I paid my two cc's once when the statement first came and once again (even if just a few dollars) right before the end of the statement cycle- this way it shows you paid at least your minimum and the amount owed is lower when they report it. My score went up 20 pts (no joke) in 2 months with that. Paying large amounts of your debt and on time will raise it the quickest.

It will not go up significantly in the next 5 or 6 months when you're starting out with such a low number. You will not qualify for an unsecured credit card, so I would attempt to get a secured credit card, purchase one small thing a month with it, and pay it off each month.

If you have bad debt on your report, take care of it by whatever method makes the most sense, based on your situation (you haven't provided enough detail to know for sure what that would be).

Credit scores don't typically spike sharply - they go up gradually over time, and that will probably need to be your goal for now.

Good luck to you!