Question

dpatrick2048

My current score is 629 & I want to buy a house next year. What can I do to increase my score?
I currently have one credit and a student loan which are both current and I paid of my car last year.

Most Helpful Response

I had a credit score of 640 when my husband and I bought our house last year. He didn't have a score (strange, not sure why). We still qualified for an FHA loan requiring 3.5% down. Our interest rate is 5.5%. I also had a student & car loan. Neither loans are paid off, but our payments were on time. I think you should qualify for an FHA loan. I was told for an FHA loan they will look for any negative entries on your credit report and that if you have any you should get those paid off.

Get a few more credit cards. People with a credit score of 700 have 6 credit cards on average.

buy a car using loan. Pay loan in 6 months. Your credit score will go up significantly 1 month after you completely pay your loan.

If I qualify for an FHA loan, what kind of interest rate can I expect? And do I still need to have a credit score of 720+ to get an FHA loan?

I believe you qualify for a FHA loan.

I owe medical bills.

How can i find out what medical bills i owe, And i think i owe $50 TO A Bank