Question

tan34

my credit score is 624 can i be approved for a home loan

Most Helpful Response

Find a mortgage broker you trust

Your chance of getting mortgage approval will depend on lots of factors, one of which is your credit score. With a score of 624, you'll likely have to pay much higher interest rates than somebody with excellent credit, something that can cost you 10s of thousands more over the life of the loan. With that in mind, you might ask yourself whether its wise to buy a home now or smarter to wait until your credit is better. That said, if you have stable income, not too much exisitng debt, and enough money to put up for a down payment, you can probably get a loan. My advice would be to work with an indepdent mortgage broker who can shop different banks on your behalf, hopefully getting you a better rate than you might on your own.

Good luck.

I am trying right now to get a mortgage with 20 % down and a credit score of 679.  I had a short sale that is just past the two years and a very low debt to income ratio and everything else required, and they said unless i can raise my credit score to 680 (1 point) i am out of luck. I have the house of my dreams waiting and i unless i can get the score p in a few weeks i am out of luck!